Saturday, September 1, 2012

September Reader of the Month

Reader of the Month is a monthly feature here at Emily Hearts Books. Every month I feature a reader and ask them several questions relating to books!

September's Reader of the Month is actually two readers! The lovely Lee who designed my blog layout & her cousin Ally over at Rally The Readers! Read my interview with them below.


Hello girls! Can you please tell us about yourselves?
Well, we're cousins who share an obsessive love of books. Our favorite series is The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare.

How many books have each of you read so far this summer?
Ally: 13 books
Lee: 24 books

Out of all of those, which is your favorite?
Ally: Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys. I read this in a day; I was completely engrossed. It's definitely sad, but it's an amazing book.

Lee: Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake. I usually don't read horror, but my cousin (and Ally's sister) Melissa highly recommended this. I absolutely loved it!

What book(s) are you currently reading?
Ally: I'm about to start Pure by Julianna Baggott.
Lee: Infamous by Sherrilyn Kenyon, the third book in her Chronicles of Nick series, which I really like.

What new book releases are you most looking forward to?
Clockwork Princess! Cannot. Wait. We love Will and Jem!

Do either of you have a favorite spot to read? If so, where?
We like reading outside on the patio by the pool. It's very relaxing.

The two of you run a book blog together. What made you decide to run one together instead of two separate ones?
We're reading parabatai! We like a lot of the same books, so it just seemed natural to start a book blog together. There's also quite an age difference between us, so we thought it would be fun to have two different perspectives on YA books.

What is your favorite thing about blogging?
We love interacting with fellow readers!
What do you like to do when your not reading or blogging?
Ally: Most of my time goes to my school work and band program. In my free time, I love to sketch, write, watch anime, and go adventuring with Lee, my sister Melissa, and my brother Denis.
Lee: I'm far from a pro at it, but I love photography and anything to do with Photoshop, including digital scrapbooking. I also love to go adventuring with my cousins Ally, Melissa, and Denis.

A huge thanks goes to both Lee & Ally for agreeing to participate and respond to all my questions! Be sure to check out and follow their blog Rally The Readers if you don't already!

Interested in being the next Reader of the Month? Send me an e-mail at emilyheartsbooksblog@gmail.com with your name & e-mail address by the 25th of the month & I will e-mail you if you are selected! 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks again for featuring us, Emily! We had a lot of fun answering your questions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem! Thank you so much for taking the time to answer them :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to comment. It means a lot. Just please do NOT post spoilers in them. Thanks!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...