Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Book Review: Silence


Silence

Warning!: This review contains some spoilers. Even the summary contains spoilers from the previous two books.

"When Silence is all that's left, can the truth finally be heard?

Nora Grey can't remember the past five months of her life. After the initial shock of waking up in a cemetery and being told that she has been missing for weeks - with no one knowing where she was or who she was with - she tried to get her life back on track. Go to school, hang out with her best friend, Vee, and dodge mom's creepy new boyfriend.

But there is this voice in the back of her head, an idea that she can almost reach out and touch. Visions of angel wings and unearthly creatures that have nothing to do with the life she knows.

And this unshakable feeling that a part of her is missing.

Then Nora crosses paths with a sexy stranger, whom she feels a mesmerizing connection to. He seems to hold all the answers...and her heart. Every minute she spends with him grows more and more intense until she realizes she could be falling in love. Again."


Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Year of Release: 2011
Genre: Fantasy; Paranormal
Sequel(s):  Finale
What motivated you to read this book?: With the cliff hanger at the end of Crescendo, I had to find out what happened next!!
Book Version: Hardback
Where did you get the book?: Local Library
Favorite Character: Patch Cipriano
Least Favorite Character: Hank Millar 
Thoughts on Cover: My favorite cover of all the books in the series. I love how Nora is portrayed as helpless just as she is at the beginning of the book when she has no idea of what's going on. I also like how Patch looks. Pretty sweet wings if you ask me!
Recommended to: Paranormal fans
Rating: 5 of 5 Stars
Review: This book was a lot better than I thought it would be! When I read the summary of it, I thought I would be highly disappointed, but I was wrong. The plot was really enjoyable & fast moving. I didn't get annoyed with Nora the way I did with her in Crescendo & she was with Patch for at least half the book & I thought she wouldn't get with him until the end. That made me very happy. I also liked how Nora was getting answers right away, & that as a reader I didn't have to wait until the last 100 pages or so to find out everything. That was really nice. As always, I really enjoyed the plot surprises which were unexpected but made them all the more enjoyable. The characters were really well done as, too. I still liked Vee in this book just like I did in Crescendo. I also found myself liking Scott a lot more when reading this book. Scott is like the guy best friend I always wanted. (I really want a close relationship with a guy that's nothing more than plantonic. That would be really nice. haha) Overall, this book is by far my favorite of the series so far. I was quite pleasantly surprised!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to comment. It means a lot. Just please do NOT post spoilers in them. Thanks!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...