Saturday, July 6, 2013

Book Review: Prodigy

Prodigy

Warning!: This review has  spoilers in it.

"June and Day arrive in Vegas just as the unthinkable happens: the Elector Primo dies, and his son Anden takes his place. With the Republic edging closer to chaos, the two join a group of Patriot rebels eager to help Day rescue his brother and offer passage to the Colonies. They have only one request—June and Day must assassinate the new Elector.

It’s their chance to change the nation, to give voice to a people silenced for too long.

But as June realizes this Elector is nothing like his father, she’s haunted by the choice ahead. What if Anden is a new beginning? What if revolution must be more than loss and vengeance, anger and blood—what if the Patriots are wrong?

In this highly-anticipated sequel, Lu delivers a breathtaking thriller with high stakes and cinematic action."

Author: Marie Lu
Year of Release: 2013
Genre: Dystopia
Sequel(s): Champion
Prequel(s): Legend
What motivated you to read this book?: Read Legend & enjoyed it & wanted to find out what happens next to my Day & June!
Book Version: Hardback
Where did you get the book?: Local Library that I work at
Favorite Character: Day Wing
Least Favorite Character: Razor
Thoughts on Cover: I like it. It's definitely appropriate for this book because it is a government related book
Recommended to: Dystopian Fans
Rating: 4 of 5 Stars
Review: Prodigy was a great novel on it's own. However, it is not nearly as good when compared to the first in the trilogy, Legend. The forbidden romance factor is missing and the overall plot was not as exciting as it was in Legend. Don't get me wrong, though, I still enjoyed this book, just not to the same extent. I'm also not saying that Prodigy was a disappointing sequel. It definitely wasn't. I just didn't like it as much as Legend. Prodigy was so different from Legend. However, that is not a bad thing. I liked how it was different. If it was exactly like Legend, I would have gotten bored.

Prodigy was full of action, suspense, and plot twists, which I liked. It made me nervous knowing what June knew and what Day didn't know, hoping he wouldn't kill Anden like he was supposed to. You also never would have expected both June and Day to completely do a 180 & side with the Republic, especially Day. I really liked that.

I really look forward to reading the final book in the trilogy, Champion, later this year (Thankfully, it comes out in November, so we don't have to wait till 2014!). What happened to Day was really sad, and I cried. The whole ending was so emotional. I definitely hope things will turn out for the best for Day & June!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you mentioned that Champion is coming out in November because for some reason, I didn't think that it was being released until next year, lol. I was pretty upset with the ending of Prodigy- definitely not what I was expecting to happen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was upset, too! My eyes got teary! :( I don't know why it's coming out early, but I'm definitely not complaining!!

      Delete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to comment. It means a lot. Just please do NOT post spoilers in them. Thanks!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...