Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Book Review: The Elite

The Elite

Warning!: This review has  spoilers in it.

"Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.

America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.

Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending."

Author: Kiera Cass
Year of Release: 2013
Genre: Dystopia
Sequel(s):The One
What motivated you to read this book?: Wanted to find out what happens next in America's story!
Book Version: Hardback
Where did you get the book?: Local Library
Favorite Character: Maxon
Least Favorite Character: The King
Thoughts on Cover: Very nice, but I liked the previous cover better. I don't like how America's face is shown on the cover. I rarely like it when a face is shown on the cover because I think it is best for the reader to use their imagination to picture the characters.
Recommended to: Girls who like romance, you don't have to like Dystopia in order to like this book, it actually doesn't feel like a dystopian book throughout most of the story.
Rating: 4 of 5 Stars
Review: This book was definitely a great sequel to The Selection. It was just as good, probably even better. I was really pleased. It kept my attention. I really admire America. I like how she always tries to help those who are below her caste. It kind of got on my nerves though, that she still couldn't make up her mind between Maxon and Aspen throughout the majority of the book. But I can understand where she is coming from. Of course, as always, I love Maxon. He seems so polite, kind, and patient with America. The scene towards the end of the book between the two of them during the night when America thinks she will have to leave was really romantic and well written. I enjoyed it greatly. I was very glad that Maxon was able to convince his father to let her stay, but I hated the threat the King gave America at the very end. I really don't like him at all. Over all, I really enjoy this book, and I'm glad that America finally made her decision. I really look forward to reading The One next spring to find out what happens next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to comment. It means a lot. Just please do NOT post spoilers in them. Thanks!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...