Sunday, May 19, 2013

Book Review: Clockwork Princess

       Clockwork Princess
"Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy.

Tessa Gray should be happy - aren't all brides happy?Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute.A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa's heart, will do anything to save her."


Author: Cassandra Clare
Year of Release: 2013
Genre: Fantasy, Paranormal
Sequel(s): None, last in the series
What motivated you to read this book?: I wanted to read the last book to see what happens to my favorite characters!
Book Version: Hardback
Where did you get the book?: Purchased at Barnes & Noble
Favorite Character: Will Herondale or Gabriel Lightwood 
Least Favorite Character: Mortmain
Thoughts on Cover: LOVE it! Tessa is beautiful! Love her dress. I also love that she's holding a book.
Recommended to: Mortal Instruments Fans
Rating: 5 of 5 Stars
Review: Cassandra Clare is truly a remarkable writer. She has created a world that has grabbed my attention & has made me want even more. Her descriptions of the characters, plot and setting make the book feel so realistic. I felt as though I was really there in the characters' shoes living and feeling just as they did. I even cried twice while reading it. The emotions just felt so real. It is a very emotional book.

What I love about this series is that the characters are so incredibly lovable. I really love every protagonist. I especially enjoy how each character has grown throughout the series. One character who has changed and grown is Gabriel Lightwood. In the first two books, Gabriel is portrayed as the bad guy. Will and him hate each other. I absolutely love when the unlikable bad characters do a complete 180 & change for the better. I went from disliking him to loving him! To me, he is the character that has grown the most.

I will not go into specifics to not spoil any thing, but this book has so many surprises and plot twists. It made it so much harder to put the book down! I deeply loved it! I was really shocked when I read the epilogue. I wasn't expecting that at all! Although this book answered 99% of the questions that I had after I finished Clockwork Prince, a few new questions formed after reading this book which will hopefully be answered when reading the last Mortal Instruments book.

I cannot put into words how much I love this book. It is really challenging to write a review about a book that I love so much without giving anything away, but I loved how Clare was able to tie this book not only to the first two books in this series, but also to The Mortal Instruments books. Clare is very, very talented.

I am sad that this series is over, but I am very glad that there are still more books that will be released in the future from this wonderful world that Clare has created.




2 comments:

  1. I was wrecked after I finished reading this- so many emotions! I was also in awe of how Clare tied this to the TMI books plus set up the next Shadowhunter series. I was looking forward to reading City of Heavenly Fire before, but I'm even more excited to read it now to see how she pulls TMI and TID together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I know! I'm sure it will be wonderful! Clare is just so brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to comment. It means a lot. Just please do NOT post spoilers in them. Thanks!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...