Tuesday, October 1, 2013

First Lines: September 2013

First lines of books have always fascinated me ever since Maggie Stiefvater (author of The Raven Boys, The Scorpio Races, & The Wolves of Mercy Falls) posted awhile ago about their importance (I'll have to find that blog post or whatever it was). They are very crucial. They are essentially the first thing that a reader reads and is meant to draw the reader in.

Zabet from Reading Between Classes posts on a monthly basis the first lines of the books that she read that month. I decided to do the same thing because as I said, first lines have always fascinated me. This is also a unique way to keep track of the books I have read each month.


Insurgent by Veronica Roth-I wake with his name in my mouth.


The Transfer by Veronica Roth--I emerge from the simulation with a yell.


Infinite by Jodi Meadows-My death would not be another beginning.


Unearthly by Cynthia Hand-In the beginning, there's a boy standing in the trees.


Hallowed by Cynthia Hand-In the dream, there's sorrow.


Boundless-The first thing I'm aware of is the dark.


The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider-Sometimes I think that everyone has a tradegy waiting for them, that the people buying milk in their pajamas or picking their noses at stoplights could be only moments away from disaster.

What books did you read in September?

2 comments:

  1. First lines can definitely hook you in. You read some great books this month! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to comment. It means a lot. Just please do NOT post spoilers in them. Thanks!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...