Thursday, October 17, 2013

Book Review: Reached

Reached

"After leaving Society to desperately seek The Rising, and each other, Cassia and Ky have found what they were looking for, but at the cost of losing each other yet again. Cassia is assigned undercover in Central city, Ky outside the borders, an airship pilot with Indie. Xander is a medic, with a secret. All too soon, everything shifts again."

Author: Ally Condie
Year of Release: 2012
Publisher: Penguin
Genre: Dystopia
Book Version: Hardback
Where did you get the book?: Library
Rating: 2.5 of 5 Stars

Warning: There are some spoilers in the last paragraph of this review

Review: I was vastly disappointed in this conclusion of the Matched trilogy. I thought Matched and Crossed were pretty good, with the latter being the best, so I thought this one would be good as well. I was wrong. The plot was immensely boring and dull. I could never get into it. It dragged on and on. It seemed much too long for no reason at all.  I found myself not even caring about any of the characters or who I wanted to end up with Cassia.

In 99.9% of dystopian books that have risings in them, there is action, suspense, and I get a feeling of anxiety wondering who is going to survive and who will be killed. Reached did not have any of that. There was no violence, no panic, nothing. The rulers of the Rising just simply took over with no battles or anything. There was death, though, but I found myself not caring. Instead of having the things I mentioned, the main dilemma in this novel consisted of a plague and it's mutation. That would have been an excellent problem in addition to a revolt, but obviously there wasn't a revolt.

One thing I did like about this book, though, was that the ending answered all my questions, and the boy Cassia didn't end up with, ended up with somebody else. But again, as I metioned earlier, this book was much too long for no reason at all. Many parts could have been shortened or removed entirely.


2 comments:

  1. I read this when it first came out so I don't remember the details too much, but I do remember that I enjoyed it and I did like that the ending answered all of my questions and I liked the way the triangle turned out for everyone. Sorry you were disappointed! Matched is still one of my favorites. ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Matched, but I never got a chance to read Crossed. Judging by your review, I guess it's not worth it to finish the series. Thanks for the honesty!

    By the way, I nominated you for the Liebster Award for bloggers. Check it out here: http://www.booksavvyblog.blogspot.com/2013/11/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to comment. It means a lot. Just please do NOT post spoilers in them. Thanks!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...