Monday, September 9, 2013

Book Review: Heaven

Heaven

"Bethany, an angel sent to Earth, and her mortal boyfriend, Xavier, have been to Hell and back. But now their love will be put to its highest test yet, as they defy Heavenly law and marry. They don’t tell Beth’s archangel siblings, Gabriel and Ivy, but the angels know soon enough, and punishment comes in a terrifying form: the Sevens, who are rogue angels bent on keeping Beth and Xavier apart, destroying Gabriel and Ivy, and darkening angelic power in the heavens.

The only way Bethany and can elude the Sevens is to hide in the open, and blend in with other mortals their own age. Gabriel and Ivy set them up at college, where they can’t reveal their relationship, and where there is still danger around each corner. Will Bethany be called back to Heaven – forever – and face leaving the love of her life?"

Author: Alexandra Adornetto
Year of Release: 2012
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Genre: Paranormal
Sequel(s): none
Prequels(s)Halo and Hades
What motivated you to read this book?: Really enjoyed Halo & Hades & wanted to see what happened next to Bethany & Xavier.
Book Version: Hardback
Where did you get the book?: Library I work at
Favorite Character: Xavier Woods
Other noteworthy characters: Bethany, Ivy, & Gabriel Church as well as Molly
Thoughts on Cover: Stunning! It's my favorite cover of the three. I love the blue coloring and how Xavier and Beth's arms form a heart!
Recommended to: Angel fans, Catholics, Other Christians, religious people, Twilight fans, Paranormal fans
Rating: 4 of 5 Stars

ReviewThis book was really good, but I there were certain things about it that I found bothersome especially a few mistakes that Adornetto made that I won't go into. There was also one part that really wasn't necessary to the story. I also found it annoying that Beth still has let her life revolve around Xavier. She acted as if her life depended on him. I didn't like how she didn't want to be in heaven because of him and that she would do anything to get out of heaven and be with him. I also didn't like how there were bad angels that God didn't know of and that God was too busy to deal with Beth's situation. As a believer of God, I believe that God knows everything and is never too busy to handle any situation. My final complaint is that it seemed as though Beth's problems took over Gabriel and Ivy's lives and because of Beth they couldn't focus on the real reasons why they were there on earth. I still have yet to figure out what that was since that was never the main issue in the story.

Although this book had its multiple faults, I still enjoyed it and was rooting for Xavier and Beth the entire time. As always, I really liked Xavier. Of course, I still feel as though his character was too good to be true, but it's just fiction. I'm glad that he was in this novel more than the previous one. I also found myself liking Molly's character a lot more than I did in the previous two books. As I've mentioned before, I'm glad that Beth has a friend (and a life) other than Xavier. That's definitely important.

Overall,  this novel was really cute and I am glad that I read it. I was happy with the ending, but I felt as though it ended rather abruptly compared to the first two books that both had epilogues. This novel definitely needed an epilogue. It seemed like there should have been more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to comment. It means a lot. Just please do NOT post spoilers in them. Thanks!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...