Thursday, September 5, 2013

First Lines: August 2013

First lines of books have always fascinated me ever since Maggie Stiefvater (author of The Raven Boys, The Scorpio Races, & The Wolves of Mercy Falls) posted awhile ago about their importance (I'll have to find that blog post or whatever it was). They are very crucial. They are essentially the first thing that a reader reads and is meant to draw the reader in.

Zabet from Reading Between Classes posts on a monthly basis the first lines of the books that she read that month. I decided to do the same thing because as I said, first lines have always fascinated me.


A Million Suns-"This isn't going to be easy," I mutter, staring at the solid metal door that leads to the Engine Room on the Shipper Level of Godspeed.

 

Shades of Earth-"Wait," I say, my heart clenching.


Asunder-My life was a mistake. 

 

Halo-Our arrival didn't exactly go as planned. 


Hades-When the final bell sounded at Bryce Hamilton, Xavier and I gathered our things and headed out onto the south lawn. 


Heaven-Everything began to rattle.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to comment. It means a lot. Just please do NOT post spoilers in them. Thanks!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...