Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Book Review: Matched


Yay! My first book review on my blog! Just a heads up, there are a few very minor spoilers in this review, nothing major of course.

Photo Source 
Book Description from Goodreads:
"Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate... until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black. 

The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow."

Title: Matched
Author: Ally Condie
Year of Release: 2010
Genre: Dystopia & Romance
Part of a Series?: Yes, it's the first book in the Matched Trilogy
Sequel(s): Crossed & Reached
Rating: 4 of 5 Stars
Comments: To be completely honest, at first I thought this book was really slow moving without much character growth or plot. Around page 150 or so, things started to get better. It kept getting better from there. I ended up liking it. It's not my favorite book in the world, but I still enjoyed it. I'm not going to go into a lot of detail of the story itself, but it kept my attention. In regards to the romance, it seemed kind of "blah" at first. I didn't care about either Ky or Xander, especially Ky. Ky's character seemed very undeveloped and I didn't understand why Cassia liked him. I eventually grew to like both guys. The romance is definitely a lot more subtle and reserved but when things actually happened I enjoyed it more. It was cute. I guess I was just used to reading stories in which the romance occurs fast.
              It's strange because for once I actually like both guys equally. Unlike in Delirium where I like both guys but not equally-- I still prefer one over the other, I like both guys and don't care who Cassia ends up with. I have a good feeling though of who it will be. 
Recommended to: Delirium Fans, it's not as good as Delirium but it's better than Pandemonium. It's a good book to read while waiting for the third Delirium book

Also, if you have read Crossed, the sequel, please do not post any spoilers in the comments. Thanks!
-E

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to comment. It means a lot. Just please do NOT post spoilers in them. Thanks!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...