Monday, March 19, 2012

Book Review: Crossed



Don't read this review if you haven't read the first book, Matched! There are major spoilers from both books!

Photo Source

Book Description from Goodreads:


"Rules Are Different Outside The Society 

Chasing down an uncertain future, Cassia makes her way to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky--taken by the Society to his sure death--only to find that he has escaped into the majestic, but treacherous, canyons. On this wild frontier are glimmers of a different life and the enthralling promise of a rebellion. But even as Cassia sacrifices every thing to reunite with Ky, ingenious surprises from Xander may change the game once again. 

Narrated from both Cassia's and Ky's point of view, this hotly anticipated sequel to Matched will take them both to the edge of Society, where nothing is as expected and crosses and double crosses make their path more twisted than ever."

Title: Crossed
Author: Ally Condie
Year of Release: 2011
Genre: Dystopia & Romance
Part of a Series?: Yup, the 2nd book in the Matched Series
Sequel(s):  Reached
Rating: 4 of 5 Stars
Comments: I liked Crossed a lot better than Matched. Matched, for me, was good, but I enjoyed Crossed even more. I can understand why some people didn't like it though. It is a lot different from Matched. In Crossed, Cassia goes searching for Ky who was taken into the outer provinces to act as a decoy in a war against "The Enemy" (I have no idea who "The Enemy" is. Another country, maybe?). The first 20 chapters were good, but I kept waiting and waiting for Cassia to finally find Ky. Then in chapter 21, she finally finds him! I was so happy. I wanted it to happen but I wasn't sure if it wasn't going to happen till the end of the book. 

This entire book takes place out in the wild in a plateau area which I think is near Utah. I don't know why but it interested me more. I think it was because it reminded me of the Hunger Games and how Katniss had to survive in the wild. 

What I really liked about this book is that it goes back and forth between Ky's and Cassia's perspectives. Ky in Matched was really mysterious. He seemed to keep a lot of information to himself. However, in Crossed, a lot about him is revealed since half of the book is from his point of view. It made me understand things from his perspective. There were certain things he thought and did though that I didn't like and made me angry. But in the end, I forgave him just like Cassia did. 

I still haven't decided yet if I like Ky or Xander more. I like them both. Okay, I think I like Xander a little more because of what Ky did, but maybe I'll change my opinion after I read the next book which I'm looking forward to reading. It comes out in November. Now, I truly don't know who Cassia will end up with. I'm glad that Reached will be told from Cassia's, Ky's, and Xander's point of views. It will definitely be interesting to see things from Xander's eyes. 
Recommended to: Delirium Fans, it's not as good as Delirium but it's better than Pandemonium. It's a good book to read while waiting for the third Delirium book

-E


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to comment. It means a lot. Just please do NOT post spoilers in them. Thanks!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...