Thursday, June 20, 2013

Book Review: Finale


Finale

Warning!: This review contains some spoilers. Even the summary contains spoilers from the previous books.

"Will love conquer all?

Nora and Patch thought their troubles were behind them. Hank is gone and they should be able to put his ugly vendetta to rest. But in Hank's absence, Nora has become the unwitting head of the Nephilim and must finish what Hank began. Which ultimately means destroying the fallen angels - destroying Patch.

Nora will never let that happen, so she and Patch make a plan: lead everyone to believe they have broken up, and work the system from the inside. Nora will convince the Nephilim that they are making a mistake in fighting the fallen angels, and Patch will find out everything he can from the opposing side. They will end this war before it can even begin.

But the best-laid plans often go awry. Nora is put through the paces in her new role and finds herself drawn to an addictive power she never anticipated.

As the battle lines are drawn, Nora and Patch must confront the differences that have always been between them and either choose to ignore them or let them destroy the love they have always fought for."

Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Year of Release: 2012
Genre: Fantasy; Paranormal
Sequel(s): None, this is the last in the series
What motivated you to read this book?: After reading the first three, I had to read the last one!
Book Version: Hardback
Where did you get the book?: Local Library
Favorite Character: Patch Cipriano
Least Favorite Character: I don't think I had a least favorite character in this one.
Thoughts on Cover: I like it. It's really cool. I don't like how we can see their faces though. I like to imagine characters the way I want, not the way they are portrayed on the cover.
Recommended to: Paranormal fans
Rating: 4 of 5 Stars
Review: Fitzpatrick is truly a remarkable writer. Not only is she able to describe every detail of every scene in a book, but she is able to draw a reader in. I wanted to keep reading until I finished. What's also amazing about her books is that each book in the series is so different from the others and yet they all tie in together so well. It's genius!

This book was a little more frightening for me because Nora had to choose between Patch and leading the Nephilim. It seemed like she couldn't have both without her life being at risk. Either decision could cost her her life. The way Nora handled it was written so well. I was very satisfied. However, I didn't like one decision that she made in the book. It made me quite disappointed in her.

Like the other three books, there were a lot of plot surprises and twists which I enjoyed immensely. A book would be very dull if it was predictable, and although certain parts were predictable most of it wasn't. I was very pleased with this conclusion to the series, but I will miss reading Nora's and Patch's story. I was also disappointed that one character was killed off. My eyes even teared up a bit. (I normally don't cry when characters die.) It was quite emotional because the character who died was one of my favorite characters. I also didn't like how Vee and Scott weren't in it as much as the previous two. Scott was in it more than Vee but not as much as I would have liked. But all in all, I really enjoyed this book and I would highly recommend this series to my friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to comment. It means a lot. Just please do NOT post spoilers in them. Thanks!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...