Saturday, July 7, 2012

Book Review: City of Bones

"When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder -- much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing -- not even a smear of blood -- to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?

This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know. . . . "


Warning!: This review is filled with spoilers!

Title: City of Bones
Author: Cassandra Clare
Year of Release: 2007
Genre: Fantasy, Paranormal
Sequel(s): City of Ashes, City of Glass, City of Fallen Angels, & City of Lost Souls
What motivated you to read this book?: A facebook friend told me about the series a year ago, and I've been interested ever since. I've seen updates about them on other blogs, and I felt like I was missing out!
Book Version: Hardback
Where did you get the book?: Library
Orginal?: Yes, but it reminded me of several other book series
Preditable: Yes & No. There was some things I thought would happen that did, but for the most part, I was clueless and surprised. Very surprised. Not always a good surprise.
Recommended to: Harry Potter & Percy Jackson fans
Rating: 5 of 5 Stars
Review: The book was great! Lots of action and suspense, cute romance, and likable characters that are very realistic. I really enjoyed this book. It kept me wanting to read more. I was highly disappointed in the end though. I like surprise endings and all, but this one just bothered me. I really like Jace and Clary together. I liked Jace pretty much from the beginning even though he is a jerk at times. He does have a good heart though, and he's so adorable. He reminds me of the type of guy I would totally have had a crush on in high school, but would never get. I found the ending to be so upsetting. I almost cried. I have a strong feeling I won't like the sequel as much. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

2 comments:

  1. Glad that you got to read this! I know what you mean about the ending-I was in a state of disbelief for a while. The sequels are equally addictive to read, so I hope you continue with the series. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished the second one. It was quite addictive like you said. I plan on finishing the series. :)

      Delete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to comment. It means a lot. Just please do NOT post spoilers in them. Thanks!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...