Saturday, March 31, 2012

Day 6 of The Hunger Games 30 Day Challenge: Least Favorite Part of the Series

Day 6: Least favorite part of the series

There are MAJOR spoilers in this post from Mockingjay!!!!

"Peeta's awake already, sitting on the side of the bed, looking bewildered as a trio of doctor's reassure him, flash lights in his eyes, check his pulse. I'm disappointed that mine was not the first face he saw when he woke, but he sees it now. His features register disbelief and something more intense that I can't quite place. Desire? Desperation? Surely both, for he sweeps the doctors aside, leaps to his feet, and moves toward me. I run to meet him, my arms extended to embrace him. His hands are reaching for me, too, to caress my face, I think.

My lips are just forming his name when his fingers lock around my throat."
-Mockingjay, pp 176-177

No, no, no, no, no!! I hated that part! HATED it! I actually felt like crying while typing this excerpt. I still remember how happy I was knowing that they had rescued Peeta to only be completely devastated to find out that he had been "hijacked".

Actually, this is more along the lines of my least favorite concept of the series. I not only hated the part when he tried to choke Katniss, but all of the parts when Peeta was not himself. I especially hated the parts when Katniss considered killing him and when Peeta wanted Katniss to kill him. It broke my heart. I know it made Katniss not take Peeta so much for granted anymore and to appreciate him more but still, Suzanne Collins did not have to have that in the book. Ugh. It's so frustrating!! I was happy with the ending of the book though, but it could have been a lot better. Ugh!

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to comment. It means a lot. Just please do NOT post spoilers in them. Thanks!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...