Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Book Review: Touch of Power


"Laying hands upon the injured and dying, Avry of Kazan absorbs their wounds and diseases into herself. But rather than being honored for her skills, she is hunted. Healers like Avry are accused of spreading the plague that has decimated the Fifteen Realms, leaving the survivors in a state of chaos.

Stressed and tired from hiding, Avry is abducted by a band of rogues who, shockingly, value her gift above the golden bounty offered for her capture. Their leader, an enigmatic captor-protector with powers of his own, is unequivocal in his demands: Avry must heal a plague-stricken prince—leader of a campaign against her people. As they traverse the daunting Nine Mountains, beset by mercenaries and magical dangers, Avry must decide who is worth healing and what is worth dying for. Because the price of peace may well be her life..."

Title: Touch of Power
Author: Maria V. Snyder
Year of Release: 2012
Genre: Fantasy
Part of a Series?: Yes, it will have two sequels
Sequel(s): According to Maria's blog they are: Scent of Magic & Taste of Death
What motivated you to read this book?: I read Maria V. Snyder's Inside Out & Outside In and LOVED both books very much, so when I heard she wrote other books I wanted to try them out.
Book Version: Paperback, First edition
Where did you get the book?: My school's library
Rating: 3 of 5 Stars
Orginal?: Yes
Preditable: Somewhat
Review: Having read and loved Inside Out & Outside In, I expected Touch of Power to be out of this world amazing. Unfortunately, that was not the case. I found it to be remarkably boring, dull, and uninteresting. I had to take a break from it for about a week. When I came back to it, I enjoyed it a lot more. I cared for the characters more than I had before I took a break from it. I still didn't love it, but at least it was enjoyable.

I think the part or fact that bored me the most was the fact that they were on a road trip and nothing seemed to really occur during it. I mean, things did happen, but not things that excited me to no end. Once things happened that interested me, I was able to read faster and finish the book. All in all, I liked the book, and I'm glad that I finished it, but I found the ending to be quite random. I would have liked a better ending. I wouldn't call it a cliff hanger or anything, just a random ending. Oh well. I did like this book enough to want to read the sequels, but I'm not going to rush out and buy them. I'll probably read them several months after they come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to comment. It means a lot. Just please do NOT post spoilers in them. Thanks!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...