The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers and Liebster is a German word which means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
If you were notified by me, saying that you were given a Liebster Blog Award, here is what you must do to participate:
- Each person must post 11 facts about themselves.
- Answer 11 questions the tagger has given you and ask 11 questions for the people you tag.
- Tag 11 more bloggers!
- Tell them you tagged them.
- No tag backs!!!
11 Facts about me:
- I love the color purple.
- I would love to be a published author one day.
- I may no longer be a teenager, but I still love reading books about teenagers. I love YA!
- I love raspberries and blueberries.
- I went to Chicago last summer and loved it! When I found out that Divergent takes place in Chicago, it made me love it even more!
- I'm not a big fan of Twilight, but I absolutely love Stephenie Meyer's The Host!
- I have loved Harry Potter for more than ten years!
- The Hunger Games is far behind Harry Potter--I've been a fan for an entire year.
- I have huge crushes on fictional characters.
- I never took German, but I took 2 years of French in high school, & a year and a half in college.
- I took a creative writing class this past quarter of college & enjoyed it a lot.
11 Bloggers I'm Tagging:
Questions to answer:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What's your favorite element in a book?
- How did you come up with your blog name?
- What are your hopes for your blog?
- What's your favorite book?
- How many books are in your to-read pile?
- How many books do you read a year?
- When did you start blogging?
- Do you review every book you read?
- How do you pick a book?
- What would you like to tell your followers? They will probably be reading this...
Answers to Kitty's Questions:
1. I wanted to start blogging to express my opinions on books. I thought it would be a lot of fun, and I enjoy it a lot. I'm definitely glad that I did start a blog.
2. Romance is definitely my favorite element of a book. To me, a book will be boring and dull, without romance.
3. Good question! I was trying to come up with an original name for my blog, and I knew of a website for one of favorite actresses called iheartwatson, & wanted to stick with something like that so I chose Emily Hearts Books.
4. I honestly hope to get a larger following. I hope to one day, far off in the future, use my blog as a way to promote my novel. But for now, I just would like more of a following. It would be very cool if I got an ARC from a book publisher for free!
5. I have many different favorite books! I love Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, Divergent, Delirium, and The Host. Those are my favorites right now.
6. A few. Currently, I'm reading Elsewhere, but I also have Wither & Shatter Me in my "To Read Pile".
7. I hope to read 35 this year. That's my goal. I actually posted about that recently in a Monday Musing.
8. I started blogging March of this year. I created it March 4th, but my first post wasn't until March 5th.
9. No, I haven't reviewed every book I have read since March, but almost all of them.
10. There are so many different factors that go into selecting a book. It really all depends. If you ask me "why did you read ABC?" I can tell you, but I don't know if there is a specific way on how I select a book.
11. I want to thank my followers for following me. It really means a lot to me. I appreciate it so much.