Sunday, April 8, 2012

Day 10 of the 30 Day Hunger Games Challenge! The Biggest Surprise

Wow guys, I'm truly surprised by the amount of pageviews I have gotten in the past 24 hours! You guys are amazing! Please spread the news and tell all your book loving friends about my blog. I promise my blog is not entirely Hunger Games related. I've just been in mega Hunger Games mode!

Anyways....
Day 10! The Biggest Surprise

Spoiler from the first book! But honestly, if you haven't read the books yet, you need to right now!!


"Claudius Templesmith's voice booms down from overhead, congratulating the six of us who remain. But he is not inviting us to a feast. He's saying something very confusing. There's been a rule change in the Games. A rule change! That in itself is mind bending since we don't really have any rules to speak of except don't step off your circle for sixty seconds and the unspoken rule about not eating one another. Under the new rule, both tributes from the same district will be declared winners if they are the last two alive. Claudius pauses, as if he knows we're not getting it, and repeats the change again.
The news sinks in. Two tributes can win this year. If they're from the same district. Both can live. Both of us can live.
Before I can stop myself, I call out Peeta's name."
-The Hunger Games, page 244

That was definitely the biggest surprise for me in the entire series. I definitely did not see that coming. I had a gut feeling that Katniss was going to end up having to kill Peeta in the end. But I'm so relieved and glad that feeling was wrong. You guys don't know how truly happy I was when the rule change was made. I was so glad knowing that Peeta might end up surviving after all and that Katniss probably wasn't going to kill him. The last third of the book was my favorite part. Wow, I really want to reread it, but I have no time to do so. 
That's pretty much it for now.
-E

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to comment. It means a lot. Just please do NOT post spoilers in them. Thanks!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...