Sunday, August 11, 2013

A to Z Bookish Survey


I saw this survey on Lisa Loves Literature, originally from The Perpetual Pageturner. I love surveys so I decided to participate!! If you participate as well, send me your link to your survey!!

Lisi Harrison
A- Author you've read the most books by: Lisi Harrison who wrote the Clique books. I read all of them, plus the summer reading collection that came out several years ago. That makes a total of 19 books, if I'm not mistaken.
B-Best sequel ever: This is difficult, but I was very pleased with Insurgent by Veronica Roth.
C-Currently Reading: Asunder by Jodi Meadows
D-Drink of choice while reading: Lemonade, I suppose
E-E-reader or physical book? I love my nook, but I'd choose a physical book over an e-book any day.
F-Fictional character you probably would have actually dated in high school: Hmmm...probably one of the nice guys like Simon from The Mortal Instruments, Ian O'Shea from The Host, or Jem Carstars from The Infernal Devices, because that's the type of thing I look for in a guy. When reading books, I always go for
Jem Carstairs
the bad guys, but in real life, I prefer nice guys.
G-Glad you gave this book a chance: The Hunger Games! I told myself that I would never read The Hunger Games when my friend told me about them two years ago, but reading them was one of the best decisions of my life! I wouldn't be the book lover that I am today, if it weren't for them!
H-Hidden Gem Book: What?
I-Important moment in your reading life: Pretty much relates to what I said two questions ago, for some reason after reading The Hunger Games, I kept reading more and more books, before reading that series, the only books I mainly read where the Harry Potter and Clique books. I read other books, of course, but those were the main ones I thought of when I told people that I like reading.
J-Just finished: Shades of the Earth by Beth Revis. It's the third & final book in the Across The Universe Trilogy. I highly recommend this series!!
The Hunger Games
K-Kinds of books you won't read: I did a Top Ten Tuesday about this recently
L-Longest book you've read: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix at 870 pages!
M-Major book hangover because of: The last Harry Potter book. I cried, not because I didn't like it, but because it was over.
N-Number of bookcases you own: In my bedroom there are two, but my family has many others throughout our house. Most of my books, I don't even keep on bookshelves because they have no room for them!
O-One book you have read multiple times: I have never read a book more than twice. I have read all the Harry Potter books twice, except the last one (I started re-reading it, but it got too long!). I have also read Divergent and all The Hunger Games books twice. I plan on re-reading more books later this fall.
P-Preferred place to read: My bedroom
Q-Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you've read: Gosh, I don't know! I can't pick just one!!
R-Reading regret: I went through a HUGE reading slump from September 2012 to April 2013 because of school and other things. During that time frame, according to Goodreads, I only read 8 books. I wish I read more during that time frame, and I wish I blogged during that time as well. But I guess I have a pretty good excuse though. School always came first to me.
Allegiant 
S-Series you started and need to finish (all books are out in the series): The Vampire Academy books and the Matched Trilogy
T-Three of your all time favorite books: I'm going to list more than three: sorry, there's just no way. (And they aren't in any order)
1) The Hunger Games 2) The Harry Potter series (can't just name one from it) 3) Catching Fire 4) Divergent 5) Insurgent 6) City of Glass
U-Unapologetic fangirl of: The Hush, Hush saga. I wouldn't be surprised if it became a movie and got a lot of criticism because it is similar to Twilight, but it is so much better! People would assume it is like Twilight, when it really isn't at all. There are only a few similarities.
V-Very excited for this release more than all the others: Allegiant by Veronica Roth, hands down!
W-Worst bookish habit: I tend to use a bookmark to cover up paragraphs below the paragraph that I'm currently reading to prevent myself from looking ahead. At one time I got so bad, that I would do it even when I didn't want to prevent myself from looking ahead. Sometimes I use my hand to do it when I'm reading on my nook.
X-X marks the spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book: Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them
Y-Your latest book purchase: I recently bought The Fault In Our Stars by John Green because I love that book so much!
Z-ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late): Shades of Earth by Beth Revis. All of her books made me stay up late!


4 comments:

  1. Oooh, I didn't think about Simon from The Mortal Instruments, but he would totally have been the kind of guy I would have dated in high school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! I prefer Jace, but in real life, I'd date a Simon. :)

      Delete
  2. I cried a lot while reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I had issues letting go of the series and started reading the book from the beginning as soon as I'd finished it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was very hard for me too. Harry Potter was my life for so long!!

      Delete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to comment. It means a lot. Just please do NOT post spoilers in them. Thanks!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...