Thursday, August 1, 2013

August 2013 Reader of the Month

Reader of the Month is a monthly feature here at Emily Hearts Books. Every month I feature a reader and ask them several questions relating to books!

This is actually my first Reader of the Month that I have done since 2012. I went on a bit of a blog hiatus for several months, but now Reader of the Month is back!!

This month's Reader of the Month is Krystianna from Downright Dystopian! Read my interview with her below! 


Emily: Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
Krystianna: My name is Krystianna and I blog about YA books at my blog, Downright Dystopian. I'm obsessed with Captain America, Frozen Hot Chocolates, The Hunger Games, and Netflix.

E: What made you want to start book blogging?
K: I first heard about book blogging through YouTube... Or shall I say BookTube? Anyway, I saw one of HarmonyBeaufort's videos and I found that she had a blog called Harmony's Radiant Reads (now Radiant Reads, though sadly I believe she's not blogging anymore). That was the first blog that I started reading regularly. I became inspired to begin my own!

E: What is your favorite book that you have read so far this summer?
K: This one is tricky! I'd have to say either The Inmortal Rules by Julie Kagawa, which I read in the Replica by Jenna Black, which was the last book I read! If  had to pick a favorite series I've read this summer, I'd definitely have to choose the Chaos Walking Trilogy by Patrick Ness. It was unlike anything I've ever read and I love it to bits. I'm going to try to buy the new UK editions sometime soon because the UK covers are super pretty and I need to have my own copies!
beginning of the year, or

E: How do you feel about spoilers?
K: AHHHH I can't stand spoilers. It mostly bothers me if I see a spoiler for a series I'm reading, though if its a book I haven't read yet, I will usually forget by the time I start it. I also try to steer clear of reviews of books I plan on reading, because I feel as if it could affect how I feel about the book.

E: Do you have a favorite spot to sit back, relax, and read? If so, where?
K: I have a bean bag that I love sitting on because it'a right smack next to my bookshelf. I also like sitting on my bed with tons of pillows.

E: If you could meet any fictional character, who would it be?
K: This is such a difficult question! I'd probably have to say Finnick Odair from The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins. He is one of my favorite characters ever. My other options would be either Tom Riddle (pre-Voldemort) or Luna Lovegood from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. I'd love to have a chat with Tom Riddle to see what he was like as a kid, and it would be fun to chat with Luna because she's so cool.

E: What do you like to do when you're not reading or blogging?
K: I like to watch Netflix and start new television series. I love television. It's probably a problem, but that's okay. I really love Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, Gossip Girl, 90210, and Teen Wolf which are all shows I found and watched on my good friend Netflix.

E: What are you currently reading now?
K: I'm currently reading Unearthly by Cynthia Hand for the Radical Read-Along I'm hosting along with Laura at Music Plus Books and Jenna at Rather Be Reading YA. Since I have problems and am currently reading more than one book, I am also reading Shiloh by Helena Sorensen and City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, both of which I'm loving!


E: What new books are you most looking forward to?
K: This is yet another tricky question! I'm super excited for the last Mara Dyer book by Michelle Hodkin to come out because I'm the biggest fan of the series. I'm also really excited for the sequel to Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs to come out as well as Tumble & Fall by Alexandra Coutts and More Than This by Patrick Ness.

A huge thanks goes to Krystianna for taking the time to answer these questions!  Be sure to check out and follow her blog Downright Dystopian if you don't already!

Interested in being the next Reader of the Month? Send me an e-mail at emilyheartsbooksblog@gmail.com with your name & e-mail address by the 20th of the month & I will e-mail you if you are selected! 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for having me, Emily! I loved the great questions. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem!! Thank YOU for participating! :)

      Delete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to comment. It means a lot. Just please do NOT post spoilers in them. Thanks!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...